The Loyalist College of Applied Arts and Technology is located in the Bay of Quinte region, situated between Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal. It offers more than 70 full-time diploma, certificate and apprenticeship programs in areas such as health sciences, human studies, public safety, media studies, building sciences and the skilled trades.
Loyalist recently introduced its Centre for Natural Products and Medical Cannabis, Canada’s only technology access centre for natural products and cannabis. Loyalist offers internship opportunities on some research projects with support from Mitacs, a national non-profit research organization.
On Loyalist’s campus in Belleville, the Northumberland wing of the Kente building is dedicated to experiential learning. The space houses simulation centres and state-of-the-art classrooms. Trades and technology students receive training at the Bay of Quinte Skills Centre. Several new spaces recently opened on the Bellville campus, including a health centre, a tech-based makerspace, culinary labs and a student-operated spa. A CFL-sized field and outdoor sportsplex is currently under construction.
A brand new campus opened in the fall of 2023 in Port Hope. This new campus, which houses cutting-edge facilities, aims to build on and expand regional strengths and connect with local businesses. The Bancroft campus offers both distance and in-class learning for diploma and certificate programs. There is also a campus in North York and a satellite location in Tyendinaga.
• Cyber Security
• Social Services Worker
• Computer Systems Technician
• Degree $7,662
• Diploma $4,030-$5,295
• Certificate $4,030-$13,062
• Post-Grad $4,030
• Electromechanical Engineering Technician—Mechatronics: Students learn in a new mechatronics lab and complete a micro-credential.
• Survey Engineering Technician: Courses centre on astronomy, highway technology, property law and community planning.
• Photojournalism: Canada’s only multi-year photojournalism program trains graduates to become reporter-photographers, multimedia producers and editors, picture and assignment editors, digital publishing specialists and more.