Sarnia’s Lambton College recently underwent a dramatic revamp. In 2018, the college completed renovations on its Centre of Excellence in Energy and Bio-Industrial Technologies, a $14.2-million upgrade that added a 7,000-square-foot training space. In 2019, Lambton opened the 60,000-square-foot NOVA Chemicals Health and Research Centre, which hosts health sciences programs, interdisciplinary and applied research, a 40-bed nursing lab, two intensive care units and two simulated advanced care suites. Rounding out the campus makeover is a new athletics and fitness complex, which includes a double gymnasium with seating for 1,241 fans, a VIP booth, a fitness studio, and athletic therapy and first-aid rooms.
Lambton offers a range of degree, diploma and certificate programs, as well as micro-credentials. Areas of expertise include applied research technology, health, and new sectors such as bio-industry. The e-sports entrepreneurship and administration program at Lambton is the first of its kind in Canada and part of a college-wide initiative that includes the creation of a varsity e-sports team and a world-class gaming arena. Budding entrepreneurs should note that Lambton College took home national titles at the Enactus Canada National Exposition, a student entrepreneurial competition, in 2018 and 2019.
• Pre-Service Firefighter Education and Training
• Practical Nursing
• Bachelor of Science—Nursing
• Social Service Worker
• Degree $7,350
• Diploma $4,101-$6,667
• Certificate $4,101-$7,166
• Post-Grad $4,101-$4,948
• Bachelor of Science—Nursing: Students get hands-on learning through clinical placements and training at on-campus, state-of-practice simulation labs in this four-year program.
• Medical Esthetics and Advanced Skin Care Therapies: Students gain knowledge and practical skills necessary to administer advanced treatments, such as laser and light therapies, brow and lash enhancements, microneedling and dermaplaning.
• Chemical Production and Power Engineering Technology: Students train to become advanced level operators for various industrial sectors, most notably in the petrochemical and energy streams.