Sarnia’s Lambton College recently underwent a dramatic revamp. In 2018, the college completed renovations on its Centre of Excellence in Energy and Bio-Industrial Technologies, a $14.2-million upgrade that added a 7,000-square-foot training space. In 2019, Lambton opened the 60,000-square-foot NOVA Chemicals Health and Research Centre, which hosts health sciences programs, interdisciplinary and applied research, a 40-bed nursing lab, two intensive care units and two simulated advanced care suites. Rounding out the campus makeover is a new athletics and fitness complex, which includes a double gymnasium with seating for 1,241 fans, a VIP booth, a fitness studio, and athletic therapy and first aid rooms.
Lambton offers a range of degree, diploma and certificate programs, as well as microcredentials. Areas of expertise include applied research technology, health, and new sectors such as bio-industry. The e-sports entrepreneurship and administration program at Lambton is the first of its kind in Canada and part of a college-wide initiative that includes the creation of a varsity e-sports team and a world-class gaming arena. Budding entrepreneurs should note that Lambton College took home national titles at the Enactus Canada National Exposition, a student entrepreneurial competition, in 2018 and 2019.
• Chemical Production & Power Engineering Technology
• Pre-Service Firefighter Education and Training
• Practical Nursing
• Bachelor of Science—Nursing
• Degree: $7,215
• Diploma: $4,046-$7,783
• Certificate: $4,046-$7,111
• Post-Grad: $5,914
• Fire Science Technology: This program is held at the largest live-fuelled training centre in Canada, where students get hands-on with a hot tower, a search and rescue tower, a fleet of emergency response vehicles and modern gear.
• Chemical Production and Power Engineering Technology: Students train in a facility that mimics a real-life manufacturing environment, collaborating with peers through group work and completing co-op terms to prepare for jobs in industrial settings.
• Millwright Mechanical Technician: Students learn to install, troubleshoot, overhaul and maintain mechanical equipment. Areas of study include blueprint reading, hydraulics, pneumatics and robotics.