Keyano College’s name comes from a Cree word that roughly translates to “sharing.” Located in the fast-growing municipality of Wood Buffalo and situated near a huge boreal forest, the college serves more than 2,100 students. The two main campuses are in Fort McMurray and Fort Chipewyan. In keeping with its location, many Keyano programs train students for careers in the Athabasca oil sands.
The Suncor Energy Industrial Campus, home to Keyano’s heavy industrial programs, offers state-of-the-art operator simulators. Other programs include Aboriginal entrepreneurship, business, health and safety, nursing, science and transportation. Students may opt for certificate, diploma, trades or degree programs, many in collaboration with other institutions.
Keyano has ample indoor sports facilities and emphasizes athletics. The school also has the Keyano Theatre and Arts Centre and the Syncrude Sport and Wellness Centre, which make the college an important community hub and gathering place. The college’s Clearwater campus in Fort McMurray has furnished, suite-style residence units for single students, and also offers townhouse-style residences for students with families.
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing
• Business Administration
• Power Engineering Co-op
• Bachelor of Education
• Degree: $4,780
• Diploma: $4,096-$7,164
• Certificate: $1,266-$12,213
• Business Administration, Esports Specialization: Students in this program prepare for work in league administration, coaching, sports marketing and media content management.
• Hospitality and Tourism Management Diploma: Students get practical experience in global hospitality, tourism and marketing, and gain local industry connections.
• Business Aviation Diploma: The two-year diploma blends business and aviation training compliant with Transport Canada standards. Students can obtain both private and commercial pilot’s licences.