Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning
Founded 1967 | Toronto, ON
Just behind Humber College’s North campus in Toronto sits its arboretum, a 100-hectare park with sprawling botanical gardens lining the Humber River. The park features the Carolinian life zone, one of the most diverse ecosystems in Canada and an excellent learning opportunity for students in programs such as sustainable energy and building technology. The school’s new sustainability stream program awards an extra certificate alongside a general arts and science diploma or certificate.
Humber’s five Centres of Innovation facilitate collaboration between faculty, students, industry partners and community organizations. The school is ranked as the second-best research college in Canada and the top in Ontario by Research Infosource Inc. Its students have won gold in the 3D digital game art, baking and mechatronics categories at the Skills Canada National Competition and have represented Canada at the WorldSkills competition. Humber’s athletes and varsity teams have won national and provincial titles in badminton, volleyball and basketball.
Humber offers degree, diploma, certificate, apprenticeship and continuing education programs at its three campuses across Toronto. The North and Lakeshore campuses in Toronto have suite-style student residences. The North campus is also home to the Humber Room restaurant, where culinary and hospitality students hone their skills. The Humber Wellness Centre includes a spa that supports the aesthetician and spa management programs, along with a message therapy clinic.
• Business Management/Administration
• Global Business Management
• Criminal Justice
• Degree: $6,995-$7,555
• Diploma: $3,621-$6,995
• Certificate: $3,621-$11,859
• Post-Grad: $3,670-$10,254
• Industrial Design: Students specialize in automotive, product or interaction design in their third year.
• Engineering—Mechatronics: Students learn the skills to design and build surgical robots, autonomous drones and wearable technologies.
• Forensic Identification: Aspiring investigators get experience in a crime scene studio and Humber’s forensic lab.