Founded 1966 | Toronto, ON
Centennial College in Toronto offers more than 400 full- and part-time diploma, certificate and degree programs, including more than 50 full-time online offerings, to 45,000 students. Programs span courses in business, media, arts, community services, engineering technology, health care and transportation, and promote experiential learning with lab instruction, apprenticeships, paid co-op education and industry placements. The $72-million Bombardier Centre for Aerospace and Aviation features a hangar large enough to accommodate commercial jets, labs, workshops and a resource centre.
The school has five distinct campuses in the Greater Toronto Area. It has a residence next to its campus in Scarborough that can house 740 people, and has frequent bus service.
In addition to drawing more than 12,785 international students annually, Centennial encourages students to study and work outside of Canada, through its Services and Global Experience team. In 2016, the school opened the Suzhou Centennial College learning site near Shanghai, China. Its first cohort graduated in 2020. There are also learning opportunities in other parts of Canada. In the fall of 2022, for example, students can participate in a land-based treatment program on Manitoulin Island, where there is a focus on weaving therapeutic techniques together with Anishinabek culture. Virtual service learning options are also available.
• Practical Nursing
• Software Engineering Technology
• Motive Power Technician
• Hospitality—Hotel Operations Management
• Office Administration—Health Services
• Degree: $7,138-$8,734
• Diploma: $3,818-$8,412
• Certificate: $3,591-$9,821
• Post-Grad: $3,569-$7,001
• Aviation Technician: Students learn to troubleshoot issues with aircraft, and have the option to earn a degree in technology management.
• Internet of Things—System Architecture and Integration: This program explores the systems that allow devices to communicate via the internet.
• Sports Journalism: Students learn about sports reporting and can complete a placement domestically or internationally.
• Supply Chain Management—Logistics: This program takes an interdisciplinary approach to supply chain management and the business logistics involved.