Canadore college offers degree, diploma, certificate, apprenticeship and academic upgrading programs in aviation studies, business management, Indigenous studies, trades and technology, and biotechnology and environmental studies. The college recently launched a bachelor’s degree in nursing. The school has three campuses in North Bay and one in Parry Sound. Three apartment-style residences are available near North Bay’s College Drive campus.
In 2018, Canadore opened the Village, a spacious facility that focuses on the integration of Indigenous, Eastern and Western healing and wellness practices. It acts as a model for intergenerational living, combining community and senior care with teaching, skills training and applied research.
Twenty-five per cent of Canadore’s students identify as First Nations, Métis or Inuit. Among the school’s resources for Indigenous students is the First Peoples’ Centre, which has a design inspired by natural elements and the teachings of the medicine wheel.
Canadore offers specialized facilities for media studies, including a post-production centre that features a mix stage, a colour correction room and dialogue replacement equipment. A new genomics laboratory has state-of-the-art technology, including two DNA sequencers for research in areas such as addictions and disease prevention.
• Aircraft Maintenance
• Game Design and Development
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing
• Functional Genomics and Clinical Consultation
• Entrepreneurship Management
• Degree: $7,871
• Diploma: $3,628-$4,345
• Certificate: $3,628-$4,345
• Post-Grad: $3,628-$5,077
• Entrepreneurship Management: Students convert ideas into businesses with opportunities in a range of industries.
• Mobile Application Development: Students get hands-on experience designing apps for mobile devices.
• Health Care Administration: This program emphasizes leadership in health care settings.