Vancouver Community College
Founded 1965 | Vancouver, BC
Students looking to combine city life with their studies will feel at home at Vancouver Community College (VCC). Its two main campuses—Downtown and Broadway—are right in the heart of Vancouver; a third campus in Delta houses the heavy mechanical trades facility. VCC’s trades students are top performers in provincial, national and international skills competitions, and VCC’s culinary graduates have competed on Top Chef Canada and Chopped. VCC offers more than 140 programs, including certificates, diplomas, bachelor’s degrees, trades and apprenticeship training, academic upgrading and continuing education. The school enjoys longstanding connections with local employers and community organizations.
At both Vancouver campuses, VCC students hone their skills while offering discounted services to the community. Hairstyling students run a salon and spa with their classmates in the aesthetics program. Dental-assisting students run a low-cost dental clinic, and culinary students cook up gourmet cuisine at on-campus restaurants.
The school’s annual gala showcases fashion arts, auto restoration and live music by students, faculty and alumni. Net proceeds from the event go toward student scholarships and bursaries. VCC has 12,694 students and has expressed a commitment to diversity, accessibility and Indigenous reconciliation.
• ESL Pathways
• Language Instruction for Newcomers
• Provincial Instructor Diploma
• Hospitality Management
• Degree: $4,782-$20,787
• Diploma: $3,892-$25,579
• Certificate: $2,531-$16,161
• Post-Grad: $17,717-$21,671
• Deaf and Hard of Hearing—Job Readiness: With instruction in American Sign Language, students develop essential job skills and receive continuous career support.
• Fashion Design & Production Diploma: Students prepare to work in the fashion and apparel industry through hands-on experience in every area of the fashion business, from design to sales.
• Asian Culinary Arts: Students develop entry-level skills in cooking Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Malaysian, Thai, Singaporean, Vietnamese and fusion cuisine.