École technique et professionnelle, Université de Saint-Boniface
Founded 1975 | Winnipeg, MB
At the heart of Winnipeg’s charming French quarter lies the Université de Saint-Boniface, Manitoba’s only French-language post-secondary institution. Decades before Manitoba even became a province, Collège de Saint-Boniface, as it was then known, was serving the educational needs of the largest francophone community in Western Canada. Francophone heritage still thrives in the boutiques and bistros of the Saint-Boniface neighbourhood.
Through its two technical and professional schools—the École technique et professionnelle and the École des sciences infirmières et des études de la santé—students can choose from a range of one- and two-year programs in business administration, information technology, multimedia communications, early childhood education and tourism, as well as a one-, two- or four-year program in health care. Both schools provide applied learning programs that directly address the needs of Manitoba’s bilingual job market.
• Degree: $6,050-$6,690
• Diploma: $4,870-$7,175
• Certificate: $3,450
• Business Administration Diploma
• Bachelor of Nursing Science
• Early Childhood Education Diploma
• Nursing Science Diploma
• Information Technology Diploma
• Bachelor of Nursing Science: This four-year program combines theory, practice, and nine rounds of practicum experience to prepare students to become bilingual nurses with strong clinical judgment and interpersonal skills.
• Early Childhood Education: This course prepares educators to work with francophone children speaking a minority language and includes Indigenous and Métis perspectives.
• Multimedia Communications: In this two-year program, students combine theory and practice, and work on projects with real clients.