Southeast College in Saskatchewan specializes in safety, trades and technical training—more than 70 per cent of the college’s students are enrolled in these areas. Southeast offers certificate programs, a diploma in early childhood education and first-year university programs in education, pre-social work, health sciences and the liberal arts. The school provides continuing education in agriculture, business, computers and truck driver training. Students can apply for scholarships from many industry partners, and new scholarships in the heavy equipment operator and adult basic education programs were added in 2021. Southeast is now a designated learning institution and select programs are eligible for international student admissions.
The college has campuses in Assiniboia, Estevan, Moosomin, Weyburn, Indian Head and Whitewood. The Estevan campus has a 44,000-square-foot facility with three specialized labs, a state-of-the-art confined-space simulator and a fall-arrest simulator, designed to prepare students for work-and-rescue scenarios. A 44-foot-long mobile training classroom was added in 2021.
Southeast College is one of seven colleges in Saskatchewan that offer courses created by other educational providers in the country. The school also participates in Healthy Campus Saskatchewan, a community that advocates for the health and well-being of post-secondary students in the province.
• Diploma $4,602-$9,232
• Certificate $3,355-$6,377
• Continuing Care Assistant
• Practical Nursing
• Heavy Equipment and Truck and Transport Technician
• Adult Basic Education
• Heavy Equipment Operator
• Health Care Cook: Students learn how to interact with patients, modify diets and work as part of a team.
• Powerline Technician: Southeast College is the official training provider for the Powerline Technician Apprenticeship program levels one through four. Individuals working in this trade construct and maintain overhead and underground power lines and related equipment.
• Heavy Equipment Operator: Students receive both simulation and onsite training in this 12-week program.