Founded 1975 | Assiniboia, SK
Southeast College specializes in safety, trades and technical training; more than 70 per cent of the college’s students are enrolled in these areas. The Estevan campus has a 44,000-square-foot facility with three specialized labs, a state-of-the-art confined-space simulator and a fall-arrest simulator, designed to prepare students for work and rescue scenarios. A 44-foot-long, self-contained mobile training classroom was added in 2021.
The college has six campuses: in Assiniboia, Estevan, Moosomin, Weyburn, Indian Head and Whitewood. Southeast offers certificate programs, a diploma in early childhood education and first-year university programs in education, pre-social work, health sciences and the liberal arts. The school provides continuing education in agriculture, business, computers and truck driver training. Students can apply for scholarships from many industry partners; new scholarships in the heavy equipment operator and adult basic education programs were added in 2021.
Southeast College is one of seven colleges in Saskatchewan that offer courses created by other educational providers in the province and the country. The school also participates in Healthy Campus Saskatchewan, a community that advocates for the health and well-being of post-secondary students in the province.
• Diploma: $9,600-$11,160
• Certificate: $2,405-$11,500
• Adult Basic Education
• English As Another Language
• Continuing Care Assistant
• Practical Nursing
• Heavy Equipment Operator
• Health Care Cook: Students learn how to interact with patients, modify diets and work as part of a team.
• Hairstylist: Students in this program master beauty techniques relating to hair, wigs, skin and nails. The school operates its own training salon.
• Heavy Equipment Operator: Students receive both simulation and onsite training in this 12-week program.