Sheridan College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning
Founded 1966 | Oakville, ON
Students in Sheridan College’s well-known animation program regularly find work with high-profile companies such as Pixar, DreamWorks and Nelvana. Graduates have won Academy Awards, including Domee Shi, who won the 2019 Oscar for Best Animated Short for her directorial debut, Bao.
Sheridan offers a range of programs leading to degrees, diplomas and certificates, as well as trades and apprenticeship training, and continuing education classes. Among its programs are an honours bachelor of applied information sciences and a bachelor of creative writing and publishing. The college has three campuses: in Mississauga, Brampton and Oakville.
Applied research at Sheridan benefits from specialized facilities. Students make use of mobile computing and wearable devices while studying health-care innovation at the Centre for Mobile Innovation, and team up with manufacturing partners to develop technology-driven solutions for the industry at the Centre for Advanced Manufacturing and Design Technologies. Sheridan’s other research hubs include the Screen Industries Research and Training Centre at Pinewood Toronto Studios, which specializes in innovative technologies for film and television and the Centre for Elder Research, a home for applied research that focuses on improving the lives of older Canadians.
• Social Service Worker
• Early Childhood Education
• Computer Systems Technology—Software Development and Network Engineering
• Computer Programming
• Practical Nursing
• Degree: $6,912-$10,351
• Diploma: $4,204-$6,150
• Certificate: $4,757-$5,049
• Post-Grad: $6,244-$9,171
• Experiential Design: The first of its kind in Canada, this program focuses on the ways physical environments communicate with people and explores wayfinding, exhibition and event design, and themed environments.
• Athletic Therapy: Students learn in a state-of-the-art athletic therapy clinic with aquatic rehab and lab space. All program educators are certified athletic therapists.
• Illustration: Students in this program combine learning in traditional mediums such as painting and drawing, with digital media like web design and motion graphics.