Red Deer Polytechnic
Founded 1964 | Red Deer, AB
In 2021, Red Deer College became Red Deer Polytechnic (RDP), one of Alberta’s newest polytechnic schools, with an expanded array of learning pathways and credentials. During its first academic year as RDP, the school increased its offerings to include five new degrees, more than 12 new programs and 7,000 additional seats in coveted health care, business, creative arts and technology programs. New machine learning and computer programming additions cater to those interested in business and technology. The school also supports the creative arts and culture sector through programs like film and animation.
Located roughly 150 kilometres from Calgary and Edmonton, Red Deer Polytechnic offers degrees, apprenticeships, certificates, diplomas, microcredentials, and collaborative programs with partner post-secondary institutions. More than 90 per cent of RDP alumni enter the workforce within six months of graduating.
One of the polytechnic’s newest features is the Alternative Energy Lab, which assists industry and research while providing students with the skills necessary to install, operate and maintain alternative energy systems. The lab is outfitted with technology that replicates and simulates full-size alternative energy setups.
• Open Studies
• Bachelor of Arts (University Transfer)
• Business Administration Diploma
• Bachelor of Elementary Education (University Transfer)
• Bachelor of Science
• Degree: $5,978-$10,498
• Diploma: $5,950-$8,388
• Certificate: $6,008-$8,798
• Post-Grad: $2,174-$3,479
• Bachelor of Applied Arts in Animation and Visual Effects: Students master the latest animation software while learning the principles of animation and visual effects.
• Paralegal Post-Diploma Certificate: This part-time program boosts the skillset of a working legal assistant. Topics include contracts law, professional ethics, legal research, drafting and legal interviewing.
• Pre-Health Sciences Certificate: This program helps students choose a health-related career path through the exploration of multiple healthcare professions—all while receiving an advanced course credit.