Ogwehoweh Skills and Trades Training Centre
Founded 2003 | Ohsweken, ON
Located in the heart of Ohsweken, a village on the Six Nations of the Grand River Territory, the Ogwehoweh Skills and Trades Training Centre (OSTTC) offers skills, trades, academic upgrading and professional development programs. OSTTC takes a holistic approach to employability, grounded in Indigenous knowledge. Students engage in cultural, wellness and employment workshops and create post-graduation plans. Accredited programs with Mohawk, Fanshawe and Conestoga colleges are available.
OSTTC’s main campus includes a student lounge and wellness room, a computer lab and a specialized classroom for aesthetician students. OSTTC’s Multi-Trades Building hosts a range of hands-on trades offerings. In construction programs, students craft items needed by the surrounding community, including benches and a gazebo for a local skate park. OSTTC partnered with the Walters Group, a steel construction company, to customize the school’s metal fabrication program; students can be hired directly out of the program. Other unique offerings include an introduction to the Cayuga language and an introduction to Indigenous radio broadcasting.
• Self-Employment Assistance
• Certificate: $700-$18,500
• Entrepreneur Social Media Marketing: This program helps entrepreneurs navigate the virtual business environment.
• Work Ready Indigenous Trades Experience: Students travel to employer work sites for training.
• Employment Readiness: Students learn job skills related to Six Nations culture before completing an eight-week placement