Founded 1962 | Edmonton, AB
NorQuest College places a high value on inclusivity and diversity: students come from more than 110 countries. The college consults with industry, business and public sector leaders to develop its diploma and certificate programs in health, community studies, business, technology, hospitality and more. NorQuest also offers professional development training and preparatory classes for adult students.
Located in downtown Edmonton, the school features some of Canada’s largest health care aide and practical nursing programs. Students may apply their learning at the Olson Centre for Health Simulation, where they practise treatment in simulated clinical environments.
Applied research at NorQuest focuses on community and social innovation. The school’s Colbourne Institute for Inclusive Leadership is a leader in integrated, intercultural applied research, education resource development and customized training solutions.
The Alberta government funds Foundations of Cooking, which prepares students for a successful start as an entry-level cook and includes Indigenous Canadian cooking.
• Practical Nursing
• Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada
• Academic Upgrading
• Business Administration
• Early Learning and Child Care—Diploma
• Diploma: $6,919–$11,492
• Certificate: $5,029-$8,099
• Post-Grad: $2,686-$8,614
• Information Technology Systems Diploma: Students learn to use hardware and software designed to generate, store, transmit and protect digital information.
• Environmental Protection Technology: This program combines ecology, toxicology, chemistry and statistics, preparing students for technical work in the environmental sector.
• Hemp Farming (non-credit): Students develop skills in growing hemp and learn to work with different business models.