Founded 1967 | Welland, ON
Niagara College is home to more than 130 diploma, degree and advanced-level programs, as well as more than 600 credit, vocational and general interest part-time courses. Its unique programs include commercial cannabis production, culinary innovation and food technology, and commercial beekeeping. The college recently renamed its Niagara-on-the-Lake location the Daniel J. Patterson Campus, in honour of its former president, who served from 1995 to 2020. The campus has ecological lagoons, landscaped gardens and a 16-hectare vineyard and houses two firsts in Canada: a commercial winery and brewery built for teaching, and a teaching distillery. It also includes the Marotta Family Innovation Complex, a hub for research in Niagara’s agri-food sector. The Rankin Technology Centre on the college’s Welland campus hosts innovative programs such as photonics engineering and renewable energies technology, as well as the Green Automotive Technology Lab.
This year, the school received the Silver Excellence in Global Engagement Award from Colleges and Institutes Canada and Research Infosource Inc. placed Niagara among the top 10 research colleges in Canada for the seventh year in a row.
• Motive Power Technician—Automotive
• Palliative Care
• Culinary Management
• Degree: $7,156-$7,429
• Diploma: $4,021-$13,747
• Certificate: $4,021-$6,489
• Post-Grad: $5,404-$10,501
• Artisan Distilling: This one-of-a-kind program covers the science, technology and business of distilling and fermentation.
• Massage Therapy: Students work with clients in on-campus supervised clinics and in community settings.
• Commercial Cannabis Production: Students learn the intricacies of cannabis cultivation and production and the laws governing them.