Founded 1966 | Hamilton, ON
Mohawk College of Applied Arts and Technology is a leader in Canada in applied research. The college is home to six research centres, collectively known as IDEAWORKS: the mHealth and eHealth Development and Innovation Centre; the Additive Manufacturing Innovation Centre; the Centre for Climate Change Management; the Medical Technologies Innovation Centre; the Energy and Power Innovation Centre; and the College Student Success Innovation Centre. IDEAWORKS has added labs specializing in augmented and virtual reality development, digital accessibility, the industrial internet of things and cybersecurity. Its research works to improve remotely piloted aircraft systems, big data and social innovations.
The college offers a range of degree, diploma, certificate, upgrading, continuing education and apprenticeship programs in areas such as health, community services, business, technology and skilled trades. Mohawk has 10 integrated degree programs in partnership with McMaster University in Hamilton, and several certificate and diploma programs with Six Nations Polytechnic and the Ogwehoweh Skills and Trades Training Centre. Mohawk’s Centre for Aviation Technology, which includes classroom, lab and hangar space, opened recently.
Mohawk’s Project Pathfinder offers Indigenous youth who are not enrolled in post-secondary school an experience of college education alongside cultural programming.
• Practical Nursing
• Business (General)
• Early Childhood Education
• Social Service Worker
• Degree: $8,019-$8,080
• Diploma: $4,282-$7,338
• Certificate: $4,282-$5,249
• Post-Grad: $5,666-$8,965
• Advertising and Marketing Communications Management: Students specialize in the creative or business sides of advertising and complete projects with real-world clients.
• Civil Engineering Technology—Transportation: Unique in Canada, this co-op program explores ways to overcome barriers to mobility with transportation systems.
• Aviation Technician: In this program, students learn at the Hamilton International Airport and focus on aircraft maintenance, aircraft structures or avionics maintenance.