Mohawk College is a leader in Canada in applied research. The college is home to six research centres, collectively known as IDEAWORKS: the mHealth and eHealth Development and Innovation Centre; the Additive Manufacturing Innovation Centre; the Centre for Climate Change Management; the Medical Technologies Innovation Centre; the Energy and Power Innovation Centre; and the College Student Success Innovation Centre. IDEAWORKS has added labs specializing in augmented and virtual reality development, digital accessibility, the industrial internet of things and cybersecurity. Its research works to improve remotely piloted aircraft systems, big data and social innovations.
The college offers a range of degree, diploma, certificate, upgrading, continuing education and apprenticeship programs in areas such as health, community services, business, technology and skilled trades. Mohawk has 10 integrated degree programs in partnership with McMaster University in Hamilton, and several certificate and diploma programs with Six Nations Polytechnic and the Ogwehoweh Skills and Trades Training Centre. Mohawk’s Centre for Aviation Technology includes classroom, lab and hangar space.
Mohawk’s Project Pathfinder offers Indigenous youth who are not enrolled in post-secondary school an experience of college education alongside cultural programming.
The school’s newest program delivery site, located at The Village of Tansley Woods in Burlington, Ont., provides students the opportunity to study and learn in a retirement and long-term care environment, with a path to becoming occupational therapist assistants, physiotherapist assistants and personal support workers.
• Practical Nursing
• Business (General)
• Computer Systems Technology—Software Development
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing
• Early Childhood Education
• Degree $8,019-$8,080
• Diploma $4,282-$7,338
• Certificate $4,201-$5,249
• Post-Grad $5,666-$8,965
• Bachelor of Business Administration—Trades Management: Students with apprenticeship, journeyperson training or a trades-related diploma program can build on their knowledge and experience.
• Bachelor of Analytics and Data Management: This program prepares students to use and apply data for business decision-making and gain hands-on experience through work-integrated learning.
• Practical Nursing—PSW to PN Bridging Stream: Students have the opportunity to progress from a personal support worker (PSW) certificate to a diploma in practical nursing.