Located in Vancouver, Langara offers degree, diploma, certificate and continuing education programs in more than 60 areas. Students can engage in applied research projects with local industries to gather skills and build their networks. Paid co-op work terms are available in program areas including computer science, business management and accounting. The school’s 129,000-square-foot Science and Technology Building has 38 solar panels, featuring LEED Gold-targeting standards. In 2016, Langara College, which resides on the traditional territory of the Musqueam First Nation, was given an Indigenous name that means “house of teachings.” Indigenous students of the college have access to orientation, counselling, advocacy services and a dedicated gathering space. Langara’s Indigenous upgrading program lets students transition into post-secondary while incorporating traditional Musqueam teaching and learning methods.
In 2021, Langara launched a strategic plan called Weaving a Shared Future. Among its priorities are innovative and high-quality programming, Indigenization; community engagement and sustainability.
• General Arts
• Health Sciences
• Business Management
• Degree: $4,008-$4,924
• Diploma: $4,008-$4,741
• Certificate: $4,729-$4,957
• Post-Grad: $4,186-$13,957
• Data Analytics: This post-degree program takes a holistic approach to examining and using data.
• Full Stack Web Development: Students train to be developers on front-end, back-end and storage elements of web systems.
• Environmental Studies: Includes a range of environmental, biology, chemistry, English and geography courses. Students end their second year with a field placement.