La Cité collégiale
Founded 1989 | Ottawa, ON
More than 140 different career options are available at La Cité, Ontario’s largest francophone college of applied arts and technology. Offering a vast range of diploma, certificate and continuing education programs, the school’s course catalogue addresses the demand for skilled, French-speaking workers throughout the province.
Reflecting La Cité’s focus on experiential learning, the main campus in Ottawa is dotted with pavilions that house more than 100 state-of-the-art labs and practical learning environments. Students in the emergency services programs take classes at the 911 Institute, a specialized training centre complete with simulated police and fire stations. Students in the culinary arts and hospitality programs get hands-on experience through the popular, on-campus restaurant Les Jardins de la Cité.
The faculties of business administration, media, technology and health and community services are also located at the main campus. Fifteen minutes away, in the suburb of Orleans, the Alphonse-Desjardins campus is home to the Skilled Trades Institute, which serves students in construction trades and apprenticeship programs.
La Cité also has satellite campuses in Hawkesbury and Toronto, which offer distance-learning programs in areas such as journalism, sales and business administration, and public relations.
• Business Administration
• Computer Systems Technology
• Police Services Technology
• Social Work Technology
• Child and Youth Care
• Degree: $7,453-$8,903
• Diploma: $2,943-$7,668
• Certificate: $2,995-$14,987
• Post-Grad: $3,127-$8,161
• Business Administration Techniques—Public Administration: Students gain skills in policy planning and the management of public funds, preparing for careers in the government sector, including federal public service.
• Respiratory Therapy: Students learn to specialize in cardiorespiratory care and get ready to work closely with doctors and other health care professionals.
• Applied Artificial Intelligence: This new program teaches students to harness the full potential of artificial intelligence and understand its applications in everyday life through case studies, as well as hands-on projects.