Kwantlen offers a range of degree, diploma and certificate programs and is profiled in both the Maclean’s Universities Guidebook and the Maclean’s Colleges Guide. To learn more about the school’s diploma programs, see the Colleges Guide profile.
Originally established as a community college, Kwantlen Polytechnic University has evolved to offer more than 170 degree, trade, vocational and qualifying programs. KPU has five campuses. The largest one, Surrey, is a hub of activity with a student art gallery, an Indigenous gathering place, a gym and a conference centre. Richmond and Civic Plaza campuses, also located in Surrey, have a metropolitan vibe, while the Langley campus and KPU Tech in Cloverdale are closer to more rural areas. As a polytechnic, KPU emphasizes experiential learning opportunities and small class sizes, with a maximum of 35 students. Co-op education and international learning opportunities are available in many programs.
The university also offers the zero textbook cost initiative. Students can choose from more than 900 courses that don’t require the purchase of expensive textbooks, thanks to open educational resources and library materials.
• Marketing Management
• Human Resources Management
• Degree $5,698-$13,176
• Diploma $5,698-$13,176
• Certificate $5,698-$13,176
• Post-Grad $8,746-$20,498
Minimum Entering Grades
Arts, Science, Commerce: high school diploma; min. grade of C+ in English 12 or equivalent · Engineering: 87.3%
Residence: Not offered
• Diploma in Brewing and Brewery Operations: This is the only diploma of its kind in British Columbia that trains students in brewing science and prepares them for the rapidly growing craft beer industry.
• Advanced 3D Animation and 3D Modelling Diploma: Students learn the basics of modelling, texturing, lighting, and animating, while gaining hands-on experience in the tools and techniques that form the foundation of 3D animation.
• Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Technical Apparel Design: From giving elite athletes a competitive edge to saving the lives of outdoor enthusiasts, graduates of this program jump into a booming industry that blends creativity with cutting-edge technology.