Georgian College of Applied Arts and Technology
Founded 1967 | Barrie, ON
Georgian College offers more than 130 degree, certificate, diploma, combined degree and diploma, apprenticeship, academic upgrading and university transfer programs. Campuses are located in Barrie, Collingwood, Midland, Bracebridge, Orangeville, Orillia and Owen Sound. Student residences are available at three campuses. Georgian offers non-traditional co-op opportunities. For example, students can start their own businesses in the school’s entrepreneurial co-op, or create products and services for communities in the innovation co-op.
Georgian has recently introduced new programs, including combined degree-diploma programs in computer science and applied health science. In the fall of 2023, the college will launch a diploma in game design and simulation and a certificate dedicated to speaking and understanding Anishnaabemowin.
In the power engineering technology program, students can become operating engineers in 24 months, participating in experiential learning at an on-campus power plant and power plant simulator.
The Peter B. Moore Advanced Technology Centre at the college’s Barrie campus supports hands-on learning in programs such as electrical engineering, environmental sustainability and a new advanced diploma in mechatronics. The building houses the Alectra Centre for Research, Innovation and Commercialization, a hub for applied research.
• Practical Nursing
• Pre-Health Sciences Pathway
• Social Service Worker
• Computer Systems Technician—Networking
• Degree: $7,894-$8,847
• Diploma: $4,096-$19,056
• Certificate: $4,096-$11,723
• Post-Grad: $3,787-$10,920
• Marine Technology—Navigation: Students in this program learn at the Centre for Marine Training and Research, an advanced simulation and study facility.
• Nursing: Students become eligible to be registered nurses in Ontario through classroom, lab and clinical teachings.
• Artificial Intelligence—Architecture, Design and Implementation: Graduates of this program can become AI system designers, programmers, implementers and machine learning analysts.