Founded 1969 | Oshawa, ON
Durham college has more than 140 full-time post-secondary programs in a wide array of areas that include culinary management, farming and horticulture, business, IT, science, construction and trades, renewable energy, technology, health care, engineering, emergency services, justice, media, art and design. The college promotes continuous learning and fosters connections with business, industry, government, technology firms and the surrounding community. It offers a graduate certificate program to help address Canada’s shortage of skilled AI professionals. The school recently opened an e-sports gaming arena, and last year added a studio for motion capture, virtual reality and augmented reality.
Durham operates campuses in Oshawa and Whitby, and shares its Oshawa campus with Ontario Tech University; students have more than 60 pathways by which they are able to transfer to the university. The college has three student residences. At the Oshawa campus, a new women’s softball facility will host the school’s award-winning team with seating for 400 people. The Whitby campus features the W. Galen Weston Centre for Food, which focuses on the field-to-fork concept. The centre’s full-service restaurant is supported by its farm fields, greenhouses, an apple orchard and a pollinator garden, and it provides applied learning opportunities for students in the culinary, hospitality, food science, agricultural and horticulture programs. The campus is working on a 60,000-square-foot expansion, which will include a shop lab, training labs and a fitness centre.
• Practical Nursing
• Trade Fundamentals
• Electrical Engineering Technician
• Social Service Worker
• Police Foundations
• Degree: $7,470-$7,960
• Diploma: $4,128-$9,116
• Certificate: $4,128-$9,188
• Post-Grad: $2,953-$12,128
• Construction Management: This new program covers construction methods, materials and estimating, alongside studies in math, critical thinking and writing.
• Sport Administration: Students in this program gain business skills specific to working in sports through hands-on learning and networking opportunities.
• Artificial Intelligence Analysis, Design and Implementation: Students in this graduate certificate program use AI to gather data, inform decisions and solve problems for small and large companies.