In summer 2023, Cumberland College and Parkland College officially merged to form Suncrest College. Both schools have a rich history in Saskatchewan, and the new name reflects that. The sun represents new growth and a new beginning for the newly merged college in one of the sunniest provinces in Canada. The crest represents the colleges’ shared vision to exceed the needs of their learners, partners and communities.
Suncrest offers diplomas, certificates, adult basic education, apprenticeships, and university courses in fields such as business, agriculture, health sciences, trades, and more. Serving as Suncrest’s head office, the 29,000-square-foot Trades and Technology Centre in Yorkton includes a trades shop, a power engineering lab, a welding and fabrication shop, and six customizable classrooms. Suncrest draws on existing relationships, resources, and facilities of the former Cumberland and Parkland colleges to offer a combination of excellent labs, classrooms, and community alliances.
• Degree: $7,500
• Diploma: $5,500
• Certificate: $3,500-$5,500
• Business Certificate and Business Diploma
• Emergency Services
• First Year University
• Professional Firefighting: This program’s curriculum, provided in cooperation with the Saskatchewan Public Safety Agency, meets or exceeds National Fire Protection Association requirements, including practice runs and hands-on activities.
• Agricultural Sciences Certificate: This certificate allows students to master fundamental skills that are essential for modern agricultural operations, including computer training, keeping accurate business records, and using up-to-date and innovative technology. Skills specific to crop production involve students in practical field skills used to identify plants and weeds and assess a variety of pest problems.
• Medical Laboratory Assistant Certificate: Students learn to work in a laboratory setting. Course material covers collecting health information and medical specimens from patients, entering clerical data, processing specimens, assisting with basic laboratory activities and more.