Collège Éducacentre is the only francophone college in British Columbia. It provides services to the province’s French-speaking population through professional and vocational training programs, language classes, basic and continuing education and integration assistance for new immigrants. The school’s main campus is in downtown Vancouver, with other campuses in downtown Victoria and Prince George. A satellite campus in Surrey offers integration and support services to francophone newcomers. Through the school’s “virtual campus,” students from anywhere in B.C. can access the French-language certificate and diploma programs offered in areas such as education, health care and hospitality.
Some programs, such as early childhood education and health care assistant, are open to Grade 11 and 12 students in B.C.’s francophone schools and French-immersion programs. Students can simultaneously earn dual credit toward their high school diploma and post-secondary education. The college offers a program that recognizes prior learning: students who have completed equivalent training in a given area can receive credit for one or more courses.
• Teacher Assistant
• Early Childhood Education
• Health-Care Assistant
• Holistic Nutrition
• Social Support Worker
• Diploma $5,720-$8,889
• Certificate $4,320-$6,619 (2023 figures)
• Social Support Worker: In this diploma program, students learn to use observational skills and intervention techniques respectfully in their efforts to empower people facing a wide variety of issues.
• Holistic Nutrition: Students in this diploma program work on developing the skills needed to assess the nutritional status of individuals and communities and to help them apply the principles of healthy eating in their daily lives.
• Event Management: This certificate program offers specialized training for organizing events. Graduates will be able to skillfully coordinate the details of organizing events of various size and complexity, including festivals, exhibitions, official visits, galas, conferences, trade fairs and shows.