Assiniboine Community College
Founded 1961 | Brandon, MB
Assiniboine Community College offers more than 62 certificate, diploma and post-graduate programs in agriculture, food and hospitality, business, health, human services, trades and technology. Assiniboine has campuses in Brandon, Dauphin, Winnipeg and Portage la Prairie, and partners with First Nations groups to deliver community-based education.
In 2022, the college opened the Centre for Creative Media at the Victoria Avenue East campus in Brandon. The centre will host three new programs: media and communications, digital art and design, and web and interactive development. Assiniboine also recently constructed its Centre for Adult Learning at the same campus. At the North Hill facility, the school continues to fundraise for the Prairie Innovation Centre for Sustainable Agriculture; it will support applied research and agricultural and food programming. The North Hill campus is also home to the Len Evans Centre for Trades and Technology and the Manitoba Institute of Culinary Arts.
Assiniboine has agreements with several high schools in Manitoba; students are able to receive dual credits for high school and college and, at the same time, see if the program is for them. The integrated comprehensive health-care aide program awards graduates a certificate as well as a high school diploma.
• Diploma: $3,470-$7,110
• Certificate: $2,490-$8,080
• Post-Grad: $4,410-$5,570
• Practical Nursing
• Business Administration
• Comprehensive Health Care Aide
• Mature Student High School
• Digital Art & Design: As part of a new suite of creative media courses, students in this program learn to create art with a purpose.
• Geographic Information Systems: In this program, students work on solving problems in the agricultural and other resource management sectors.
• Public Safety: Students focus on active learning, problem solving and community engagement to prepare for a career in policing, corrections or security.