In 2018, Algonquin College expanded its Ottawa campus with the $45-million DARE (Discovery, Applied Research and Entrepreneurship) District, which features a library and learning centre, training and test facilities and applied research centres. It also has Indigenous gathering spaces, including a courtyard whose design is inspired by traditional Algonquin crafts.
The college offers degrees, advanced diplomas, certificates and trade and apprenticeship programs. A project called We Saved You a Seat reserves 30 per cent of spots in popular technology programs for women.
The Pembroke campus is set on the banks of the Ottawa River, a fitting location for programs that train forestry technicians. The Perth campus is anchored by the Heritage Institute, which fosters skills in conservation, preservation and restoration. Facilities at the Ottawa, Pembroke and Perth campuses include experiential learning settings such as massage therapy and dental clinics staffed by students. Work-integrated opportunities include co-op education and field and clinical placements.
In 2021, Algonquin’s students’ association opened the Jack Doyle Athletics and Recreation Centre, a 125,000-square-foot facility that hosts exercise classes, intramural sports and live events. It includes a fitness centre, climbing wall, bowling alley, games room and restaurant, and has all-gender washrooms and locker rooms.
• Computer Programming
• Early Childhood Education
• Computer Engineering Technology—Computing Science
• Police Foundations
• Practical Nursing
• Degree: $8,179-$9,442
• Diploma: $4,600-$10,050
• Certificate: $2,805-$11,742
• Post-Grad: $4,950-$11,696
• Interdisciplinary Studies in Human-Centred Design: Students conduct research that impacts how products, policies, systems and services are developed.
• Animation: Students use industry-standard technologies to bring drawings to life and develop storytelling skills.
• Autism and Behavioural Science: Students learn about applied behavioural analysis as it relates to children on the autism spectrum.